Hazratganj : Lucknow

Stand in the middle of Hazratganj of Lucknow today, go back from 200 years to 1810 and you will find yourself in a town named Munnavar Baksh, named after Munnwar Kothi, from many European style kothi The one who used to entertain the Nawabs was a 'Western Visitor. From here, the story of Hazratganj was started.
Hazratganj today is in every inch of modern urban Indian neighborhood, a color-coordinated center of consumerism in cream and pink color, drip with more navigating finesse as a luxury bar.
But it is in fact the beginning Nawab of Awadh, who laid the foundations of these buildings and markets, which were transformed into present-day shopping centers of Hazratganj.
Sadat Ali Khan II was made the fifth nawab of Awadh in a grand court held on 21 January 1798 at Bhiyapur Palace. During his time, he turned to an enthusiastic builder and started several great buildings, including the Dalkusha Kothi Palace, Hyatt Baksh Kothi, his residential palace, Farhat Baksh and Famous Lal Baradari, who were witnesses to his successor, Ghazi-ud-Din. The coronation of Haider.
According to historian Rosie Llewellyn-Jones, some time before his entry, Saadat Ali Khan had fled to Kolkata during the period of legal troubles, and fell in love with the beautiful mansion, who lived in his famous Chowringy neighborhood, so he Decided to make a mini- Fourth round in Lucknow
Due to his appreciation for the construction art of Chowringhee, he built one of the main building; Dilksho Kothi Mahal, built in English Baroque style, left the Mughal style to adopt European innovations in architecture.
Nawab Nasir-ud-Din Haider ascended the throne in 1827. He presided over a very colorful court and led a flamboyant life, left the administration in more capable hands because he followed the life of autocratic extravagance.
Development of Munnabar Baksh in the commercial center was largely due to his enterprise, when he laid the foundation of 'Ganj' or market that year.
The specialty of this 'Ganj' was that it fulfilled the nuances of the Nawabs warned from China, Japan and Belgium. Nawab Haider, in keeping with his hobbies for foreign things, established the China Market and Captain Market, and also traveled for normal shopping with Nawab. However, in 1837, he was killed by his own loyalists.
In May 1842, the market town was baptized as Hazratganj, so that Nawab Amjad Ali Shah should be known as 'Hazrat' to mark his mark in the history of the region. Later, the Nawabs built an Imambara to honor his father's legacy, Wajid Ali Shah, followed suit with a known connoisseur of high culture.
After successfully pressing the rebellion of 1857, falling down the main Hazratganj road, the English rolled down into the city and looking at the wonderful architecture lining the area, it decided that this 'British' was not enough. Blueprints were planted, foremen were installed, and the ornate Mughal architecture of the Nawabs gave way to a pre-fab of Queen Street in London to please new British masters.
Ring theater took over as the hottest British-only entertainer and later would play a more important role in India's freedom struggle as a special court to hear Kakori conspiracy case. It is today's General Post Office (GPO) of the city. The Indian Coffee House, which came during the war years (1914-1918), was packed in the gills with the reformist nationalist Indian and stood opposite the British boycott.
As the years went into decay, these places were developed. The old cells were transformed into the unconscious seats of the local government.
Hazratganj received a makeover to celebrate its bicentennial in 2010 and it was a long time to make sure. Budings were painted with similar similarity; Stone pavement, vintage street lamps and Victorian-style hairstreads were created to see the locals of Hazratganj as an attractive recreation center.
As Glitz continues, laying about the Lucknow and even a few retail therapies are still referred to as 'gunging' in Hazratganj today as an experience.